If I do say so myself… I follow some pretty groovy industry experts. I do not keep Twitter lists but they do. I have found a lot of people don’t keep lists. When they do, it’s their favorites or people who interact with them. Not too useful for the rest of us. Or, they don’t keep adding to their lists. But I’ve been looking for some new folks to follow and started looking through their compilations for the good ones.
They all may not have millions of followers. But these are people who study their field and have their proverbial nose to the grindstone every day in their industry. They know their niche - and they know who to cross-follow.
Here are nine Twitter lists you will want to check out today!
And don’t forget, you can always use http://www.followerwonk.com to search Twitter bios by keyword.
1. @animal - The recruiting animal. He has one of the top names in recruiting - not to mention most memorable. He has brilliant content in his daily timeline. Here is his list of 236 corporate recruiters.
2. @ResumeStrategy - Her name says it all. She is on the mountaintop of resume writing and trends. She is funny, smart and a powerhouse in the field. Here is her list of 500 career experts.
3. @johannaharness - Creator of the phenomenally popular #amwriting group. Anyone who writes or is interested in writing follows this hashtag. She has a list of 485 writers in the community.
4. @StacyZapar - She is the most connected woman on Linkedin. One of the best Twitter List Keepers out there. Here she has a list of 500 business savvy people on Twitter. She describes it as “entrepreneurial Tweeps who understand business.”
5. @HRMargo - She is the founder of HireFriday and #HFChat. This chat meets every Friday at Noon EST to discuss the job hunt. The goal for 2011 was to have the group a million strong! Here is her list of people related to HireFriday.
6. @shally - One of the very top sourcers in the galaxy. Sourcers are people who source - or develop - the names of top talent to recruit from. He calls this list cyber sleuths and it is full of people who know boolean search methods and sourcing tricks.
7. @salesrecruiter - She is a medical sales recruiter expert and career coach. She has a list of the Top 50 sales bloggers. Except she only has 40 in there right now.
8. @NealSchaffer - We all know Neal Schaffer… and what list of Twitter lists would not be complete without a social media list. Here is his list of 353 people who Tweet great social media content and he often ReTweets.
9. @RecruitingBlogs - Is the social network for recruiting professionals. They have a group of 489 Recruiting and HR professionals on Twitter by RecruitingBlogs.com.
I had a hard time finding quality Twitter lists that everyone would get something out of. Please share yours in the comments!